Are you a parent that is looking to buy a quality jump rope for your lovely child? Or you are just one of the intelligent kids who knows how to browse the internet and is looking to buy a jump rope with your parent’s credit card? I hope that’s not the case!
In anyway, you’ve reached the right spot.
Here I am going to review some of the best quality jump ropes for kids that you can rarely find in your local toys store or fitness stores.
One thing to note is that jumping with a rope does not necessarily contribute to jumping higher as most people think. In order to jump higher you need to actually train your explosiveness. If you are looking to do that then I suggest you check these vertical jump programs I’ve covered.
1. Green Toys Jump Rope
This jump rope from Green Toys has been out for a while now since the year of 2009. It has a lot of good reviews. And the good thing about this jump rope is:
- It is made specifically for kids ages from 5 – 9 years.
- The rope is 7 feet long and is adjustable
- Made in USA, the handles made from non-toxic and safe recycled plastic
- It has 3 color option, which is green, purple, and pink. If you have a little girl, then I’ll suggest you to get the pink one!
- Will not get welts from the fast spinning cotton rope.
- Some people find that the handles came off easily or fragile.
- Some find that the handles are a little too big for their kids to hold tight when jumping with it.
2. What Kids Want (WKW) Minnie Shaped Jump Rope
You can’t go wrong with this one if you have a daughter, especially if she loves Minnie from the movie of Mickey Mouse. But if she happen to dislike Minnie, then no worry, there are Hello Kitty, Tinkerbell, Sofia, and Doc McStuffins! This is one of the most adorable looking jump ropes you can find online.
- Your little girl will be often motivated to do more rope jumping because of the fun shaped Minnie Mouse handle
- It has a 7 feet long rope
- 5 styles for you to choose from
- Suitable for age 3 and up
- This jump rope is made very sturdily, so no worry about your kids from breaking them apart
- It doesn’t have an adjustable rope like the Green Toys Jump Rope has
- Your little boy will not want to use this
3. Redmon Rene Bidaud Jump Rope & Instructional DVD
This set of jump rope and DVD by Redmon Rene Bidaud is a perfect bundle for any kids and parents that wanted to learn rope jumping together with their kids.
- It comes with 35 minutes instructional DVD that you can get to learn with your kids, the DVD has children demonstrating the jump rope techniques, they progress from beginner to expert
- This jump rope is great for both kids and adults
- It is created by 5 time World Champion of Rope Jumping Rene Bibaud!
- Has 8 feet long rope and is adjustable
- Made with styrene handles and vinyl rope
- It is not made in the USA, instead it’s made in China, but not all products that are China manufactured are bad.
- Doesn’t have any other color for your kids to choose from
Benefits of Rope Jumping
Kids nowadays don’t have much physical activities as much as we did back in the 90’s. Over 15% of kids in the United States are overweight, if you don’t want your kids to enter this statistic, then make them move as much as possible.
Playing with a jumping rope 15-30 minutes a day is a fun and rewarding activity that could help with that.
Here are some of the awesome benefits jumping with a rope has…
Not only the adults need to stay healthy, but kids too!